Free online resources to build resilience and manage stress
Explore these topics to find the tools that work best for you and your family!
Happiness & Gratitude
“An Experiment in Gratitude” from The Science of Happiness podcast
- Show your thanks and appreciation by writing a Gratitude Letter (see video)
- Tune into the good things in your life by writing about Three Good Things or imagining what your life would be like if you Subtracted Out the Positive Events
Each person’s “healthiest self” is different. Explore these resources to improve your well-being in ways that best fit your needs and everyday life:
- Your Healthiest Self: Wellness Toolkits in English and Spanish (National Institutes of Health)
- Tips for Self-Care during COVID-19 (Each Mind Matters)
- Daily Journal to help you develop self-awareness and stress-resilience, or an exercise to nurture your Best Possible Self (Wellness Society)
- Health-promoting activities you can do outdoors or indoors (Wellness Society)
Learn more at the Wellness Society
You are not Alone
“Know The Signs” from CalMHSA and MHSA (Proposition 63)
If you’ve struggled with or lost a loved one to suicide, support is available 24/7:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Off hours covered by the Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Trevor LifeLine for LGBTIQ youth
Korean Crisis Line
4:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. daily
Crisis Text for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing People
Text HEARME to 839863
To learn more about suicide prevention, go to SuicideIsPreventable.org to learn the signs, find the words and reach out.
Building Children’s Resilience and Coping Skills *FREE*
Resilience helps kids “bounce back,” to persist even when it’s not easy. Learn skills to help build your child’s resilience through the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program®, FREE for a limited time through the OC Health Care Agency.
Reducing Children’s Stress During Challenge or Change
“The Secret to a Happy Family” from The Science of Happiness podcast
App for Students
This FREE interactive app can help you manage stress, increase resilience, offer support and provide a welcoming virtual community.
Videos are tailored for elementary, middle and high school students and come with downloadable supplemental workbooks.
To use via desktop click here.